Disclaimer

De bijdragen aan het maatschappelijke debat, zoals op dit blog gepubliceerd, zijn bedoeld als ondersteuning van het recht op vrije meningsuiting. Mocht u desondanks in uw eer of goede naam aangetast worden, of nog erger dat u door deze teksten gekwetst wordt, lees dan eerst even de bijgaande disclaimer.

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Footprints in the sand

One night I dreamed I was walking
Along the beach with the Lord.

Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.

Sometimes there were two sets of footprints.
Other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed that
During the low periods of my life when I was

Suffering from anguish, sorrow, or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints,

So I said to the Lord, "You promised me,
Lord, that if I followed You,
You would walk with me always.

But I noticed that during the most trying periods
Of my life there have only been
One set of prints in the sand.

Why, When I have needed You most,
You have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied,
"The times when you have seen only one set of footprints
Is when I carried you."

By Mary Stevenson

1 comment:

Gert said...

Leuk om deze klassieker hier aan te treffen. :D